How you can contribute
Original text when Wiki first created
As we are in the early stages of the Wiki, I thought we could make a list of Pages/Articles we would likes to see on the Wiki. Please feel free to add to the list. If you wish to work on a new page go into the discussion tab and add your name.
Much of the information could be taken from the help files (as a start) and also by working through the forum.
If you wish to participate but are unsure where to start, please contact SaratogaWX via his talk page and he can assist with a template/starting point or answer any specific questions.
We are currently looking for:
- Articles about APRS, CWOP, Weather Underground,PWS, Weatherbug and WOW interfacing hints
- Further incorporation of hints developed in the support forum
- The pros and cons of choosing MX compared with rival weather software
- Extra Sensors
- MX has been changing handling of sensors. Someone needs to write an article explaining how Cumulus 1 handles Extra sensors and how the handling has changed for different MX builds.
- Creating a new page to simplify an existing page:
- Are there any pages that have become too complicated?
- Can you create summaries, and perhaps follow the example on the CumulusMX page where links are provided to other pages?
- In the past authors have tried to incorporate updates to various pages reflecting new builds of Cumulus, including changes to how you set various settings, but the information is out of date. Can you bring it up-to-date?
- Some parts of various pages have been misunderstood, and rewritten to be clearer Now the style has evolved to include more heading structure to make it easier to navigate after pages have grown, maybe you feel other pages need updating to a similar style?