Default Website Development
The default CMX website Development
These section of the Wiki will enable you to get the latest information and resources for the new default CMX website shipped with version 3.10.x
The current default site
This will always be available to you in the 'websites' folder of your Cumulus MX Installation. If you wish to undo any of the changes that downloads from this page generate then simply re-copy the websites folder to your web host.
There are currently 3 alternative template frameworks for the site. These all include 4 variations for the main content area of a page; a single column, two column, three column and four columns. These can be used as the framework for existing pages or to add your own content as required. You can choose to use them in any combination or just one - its up to you. All come with a pdf readme file to help you use them but for full information about the available styles visit w3Schools.
The available frameworks are:
- A lefthand sidebar with the main panel on the right. Left-handed sidebar template. Updated: 15 March 2021
- A righthand sidebar with the man panel on the left. Right-handed sidebar templates. This is similar to the default site but the sidebar starts higher up the screen. Updated 15 March 2021.
- A set with no sidebar - just the main content area. No sidebar templates. Updated: 15 March 2021
We also have an alternative to the default gauges.htm page. This does away with the sidebar and places the gauges in fixed width panels that automatically reposition themselves as the page strings. The gauges are also able to be placed in any order without resorting to cut-n-paste. Just add a number to their order property and its done.
This can be from here Gauges Page. Updated: 11 March 2021
To satisfy those who also publish their NOAA reports, this page will display 12 months worth of reports and the current annual report. It uses the default layout at present but will be updated as required. NOAA_Reports_page. Updated: 11 March 2021.
Complete ready to run alternative website pack
We hope to have complete 'website' ready alternatives to the default provided by CumulusMX available. It is likely that these will include a NOAA reports page as standard.
The website and templates use a colour scheme to make it easier to change the colour throughout the site. By downloading the colour theme pack, you can simply rename the chosen colour as 'colours.css' and it will be applied throughout your site.
The theme included in the pack are:
- Arcadia - almost a bottle green based on #00a591
- CherryTomato - a muted red based on #e94b3c
- ChiliOil - a reddy brown based on #944743
- HarbourMist - A warm grey based on #b4b7ba
- Limelight - An insipid yellow based on #f1ea7f (for the brave or colour challenged)
- QuietGrey - A slightly cooler grey based on #bcbcbe
- RedPear - A variation between CherryTomato and ChiliOil based on #bcbcbe
- RussetOrange - A muted orange based on #bcbcbe
- SpringCrocus - a muted purple based on #bc70a4
- UltraViolet - Two theme based on purple / violet - again for the brave or colour challenged.
- ValientPoppy - As above.
More will be added over time. Use this link Additional colour schemes to down load the schemes. Updated: 11 March 2021.