|Last update:||12 Jan 2010|
The WeatherConsole is an simple web page presenting 'live' and automatically updating information to viewers. It is a text based display, and is easily customised to suit your own site design.
Click on the example screen shot on the right. Alternatively see the console live at http://azer.com.au/weather/WeatherConsole/
- a website
- Cumulus realtime.txt file being updated regularly by Cumulus
- download the following file...CumulusWeatherConsole.zip
- Unzip the contents (five files will be extracted)
- Edit the file wconsole.js. There are two lines which need modified at the top. The location of your realtime.txt data file, and how often to refresh the display.
- Copy all the files to your web site into a subfolder, or the root -- your choice
- open wconsole.html in a browser
By default the Console is displayed within a current browser, however clicking on the icon on the bottom right of the screen will pop-out the Console to it's own window and can be left running in the background.
- If the WeatherConsole can not find your realtime.txt file it will give an error. Check the setting in wconsole.js. The location is typically a folder location on your webserver. Examples could be /realtime.txt or /data/realtime.txt
- Edit wconsole.html and modify the wording after <TITLE> on the 6th line. This is the text to be displayed in the title bar at the top of the window. You may also wish to edit line 20 to a more personalised title shown within the browser itself.
- All colouring can be adjusted in the stylesheet file wconsole.css
1.2 Fixed problem with Beaufort descriptions; two were missing!
1.1 Added 'pop-out' feature
1.0 Public launch