Modules are the basic building blocks of CumulusUtils. Identifying modules on the commandline they become synonym with commands to CumulusUtils.
The list of modules
CumulusUtils offers the following modules (which can be used as commands):
The multiple module commands
In addition to the true modules which are equivalent to commands, there are commands which are strictly spoken not modules because they do not comprise a single functionality:
- Website => generates the website which consists of all modules, the inclusion of the libraries is embedded in website's index.html.
- All => generates all modules without the context of the website, the inclusion of the libraries is embedded in the generated files.
- UserAskedData => a specific command used for generating JSON datafiles when required by other modules (Compiler and/or AirQuality)
- CompileOnly => a command which activates the compiler only. This is a very specific command with more than one effect. Please check out its own page.
When using the Website Generator, all modules are used implicitly. Modules, with some exceptions, can be used standalone in any website by including the output of CumulusUtils in that website. When using the standalone mode you need to be aware of the inifile parameters (section general) GeneratejQueryInclude and DoLibraryIncludes.
- GeneratejQueryInclude will - if true - generate the required jQuery library reference line on top of the module.
- DoLibraryIncludes will - if true - generate the required library references (e.g. HighCharts, Leaflet etc...) on top of the module.
If you manage these libraries in your website yourself set these parameter values to false. If the modules don't work and you have no idea what this is about, set these values to true.
If you use the Website Generator, set both parameters to false.